Saturday, November 26, 2011

Chapter 2 in becoming an artist.

It has been a year since my last post... I recently visited Ethiopia for two weeks, and feel finally "unstuck" from my artistic demons. Kind of like an excorcism, without all the guts and blood... I spent two weeks visiting Ethiopian artists and spending time both in Addis Ababa and down south in Mudula. I feel like I was finally able to be present and take in Ethiopia- to experience both the natural beauty of Ethiopia, and to witness the ugliness of living in such a harsh world. I met several Ethiopian artists, each so different and incredible in their own right. I bared my soul to an incredible woman/mother/artist and she gave me the best advice that I was finally able to hear. I feel like this is a brand new chapter in my life as an artist, or maybe this is the beginning. Anyways, I am so excited to start. again.

No comments: